Saturday, January 2, 2010

My Friends At Nightly News

It is hilarious (and also quite sad) that of the 22 comments I submitted to the Nightly News Daily Nightly blog in December, only one was published. Apparently, the moderators believe that if my comments are read by a few hundred people, it will spell the end of Nightly News as we know it. This stands in stark contrast to October (when 21 of my 26 comments were published) and November (when 9 of my 13 comments were published). It seems that the moderators have determined that since they don't like me, they're not going to print any of my comments (instead of evaluating my comments on a case-by-case basis). That is quite ironic considering that NBC News thrives as a direct result of the free access to information enjoyed by news organizations in this country. Yet at the same time, they severely censor their viewers' comments. I wonder what David Brinkley, Walter Cronkite and Edward R. Murrow would say about a news organization that refuses to print comments simply because they are critical. They would probably say "shame on you". At any rate, I would like to wish a very happy new year to all my friends at Nightly News, and especially to those who moderate the Daily Nightly blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment