Saturday, May 1, 2010

Brian Williams Adopts

From Brian Williams's April 28 Daily Nightly blog: "It's in that same vein that I must respectfully quarrel with a portion of Laura Bush's new memoir dealing with something I witnessed: Hurricane Katrina and the aftermath. After reading a portion of the book, I feel compelled to speak up for the citizens of my adopted City of New Orleans."

What a joke. Brian treats his "adopted city" of New Orleans like Torry Hansen treated her adopted Russian son. Brian pretends to be a caring adoptive parent when it's convenient (and when the media spotlight is shining on him), but after a while he just puts New Orleans on a bus back to Louisiana with a note pinned to its lapel reading, "This city is mentally unstable. It is violent and has severe psychopathic issues. I was lied to and misled by Louisiana regarding its mental stability and other issues. The state was definitely aware of the major problems that this city has. Yet they chose to grossly misrepresent those problems in order to get it out of their custody. After giving my best to this city, I am sorry to say that for the safety of my family, friends, and myself, I no longer wish to parent this city. I am returning it to your guardianship and would like the adoption annulled."

No comments:

Post a Comment